Thursday, April 2, 2015

Not Quite Spring

That calender may say it is Spring, but the weather is not quite Spring.  This past Sunday I returned to Duke Farm to paint in the freezing cold (literally; more on that later) as it seemed like a good idea.  I have not painted much of late and needed to be outside, so off to Duke Farms I went.  It was supposed to be in the 40's that morning but was actually 25 degrees when I stepped into the park (the iPhone weather app, apparently, does not always tell the truth).   As I set down to paint and started mixing the colors, ice crystals began precipitating out of the wash as the water, literally froze on the pallet. It would have been cool if it was not so cold.  Ice crystals clung to the brushes and glomped on the painting, making the process somewhat strange.  I completed 90% of the painting on site and added finishing details in the cafe.  All in all, it turned out well, but I truly wish for Spring to really begin. 


                                         Watercolor, Pen & Ink on 140 lbs block 9X12

No comments:

Post a Comment