One of the features of Urban Sketchers art movement is it has a Manifesto. Each Monday I will post an article taking one of the 8 items in the International Urban Sketchers Manifesto and bring out some positive experiences and personal musings as to how the Manifesto has added to my experiences with the Urban Sketchers.
To get things started I am posting the whole Urban Sketchers Manifesto. All the elements work together at the same time. I'll discuss them one by one to keep each posting brief and to the point. Unlike most rules and restrictions elsewhere, I've found that they have guided and enriched my Urban Sketcher art experiences. It's been fun. I'm glad we have them.
Please add your own comments, reactions, and art in comments below. Let's get the conversation started.
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.