Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall in Central NJ

There are several little parks where the Bound Brook meanders that I have been wanting to paint.  I really enjoy the granulating properties of the hematite genuine that I used in the shadows.  This is the first sketch where I used both M Graham and Daniel Smith watercolors.  No reason why I have not done this sooner other than I keep them in two separate kits.

                             Watercolor on paper 11.0x5.5

Connecting to the Bound Brook via the East Branch Reservoir is the Middle Brook in
Washington Valley Park.  The leaves are just beginning to change color.

                               Watercolor on 140 lbs block 9x12

Below is the view from the spot I painted, along with my portable easel set up.  It is a simple hike to reach.  Directly behind me would be the Buttermilk Falls.



The tree in my neighbor's backyard is the favorite haunt of some beautiful Red-bellied Woodpeckers and cardinals who have thus far eluded my attempts to photograph them.  I just love this tree and have drawn and painted it several times (and will paint it again I am sure).  I tried something different with this one and did not do any kind of under drawing, just free form painting.

                              Watercolor on 140 lbs paper 9x12

No comments:

Post a Comment